Monday, January 19, 2015

Dress Hunting Round: 3 ...4... 5....

For my third round of dress shopping I went with my cousin Anika and aunt Annette, Megan, Mom, and Kathi and Robyn.




We went to a store in Eugene and had one of the WORST consultants ever in all time. I thought that the last one had been bad. But this one was a sort of sad looking larger woman who wasn't very helpful. I walked in and told her what I wanted and didn't want and she immediately went and pulled dresses that were nothing like what I wanted at all! I had to keep telling her that it wasn't what I wanted! This store was interesting because it had a runway type thing which was kind of cool to see how the dress moved when I moved. I found one dress here that was sort of what I was looking for but not close enough to make my top 5 dresses. Some were nice but after being told you were too big to try on a dress you get a little upset... But then you get told that the dress that fit you great is also too small and you are like whaaaat. I feel like lay you don't know what you are talking about. She was pretty unhelpful and not really into making it a very fun experience... I did really like sparkly fabric veil that they had there though. So at least all was not lost and I learned more about what I didn't like!


Next for round 4 I went with Robyn, my aunt Kathi, Mom and Jean to look at a store in Salem. It wasn't a bad store at all and the helper lady wasn't bad but she also wasn't fabulous. I did find one that I really liked at the first store in Salem. They were rated higher than their competition who was literally across the street so we went there first. Robyn found one that I really liked! It had not the same skirt as I was looking for, but I thought it was very flattering. In the process we also found a bridesmaid’s dress that was the right color purple! I had her try it on to see what that color actually looks like on a person because I wasn't so sure about if that color would work well with her (she'll be the hardest when it comes to skin tone and hair tone colors). But it actually looked pretty dang good! The wedding dress was really pretty and I tried it on twice.  I liked it a lot and left the store thinking that it might be the one.


After shopping and maybe finding the one, we headed over across the street to see what they had for a round 5. We were told that we wouldn't be able to try anything on because we didn't have an appointment. I wasn’t so bothered because I was happy I had found something already and I just wanted to see if anything was really like "TRY ME ON!" to book an appointment with them. There wasn't but they did have a large selection of weird prom dresses! After that we left and decided to drive around Salem looking for more Bridal stores. This ended up being sort of a waste of time and not very productive. We did go into a very clearly Mexican quinceanera type store where they ha like 8 dresses in stock and you would order more out of catalogs. I was pretty unimpressed and could have passed for just driving by. But we stopped and mom chatted and flipped through the books for five minutes before we called it quits and left. So I guess that would technically be a round 5.5


When I got home and started looking at the pictures of the maybe it dress I learned that I didn't like the back... very much at all... I was glad that we didn't buy it, and I hadn't wanted us to because I was so unsure about the skirt being so NOT what I thought I wanted. So then I started to get flustered that I wouldn't ever find it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment