Saturday, September 19, 2015

Bridal Shower #1: The College Girls



Whoops! Someone has been being really bad about updating the blog!


A few weeks ago (like a month and a half) I had my first bridal shower! It was put on by Kristen and Cassidy before they both had to go back to school. They did a really amazing job and all had a great time. This shower was more geared towards the younger crowd and we had a great brunch theme!
Cassidy and Kristen came over the night before to set up and it was really fun to be able to hang out with them. We went shopping for food and other last minute supplies and hung out crafting and having a grand old time. Melissa even helped out since she was staying for the shower before her and Chris headed back to California to fly to New York. 

We had lots of decorations and it was really cute! We had some big flowers, paper pinwheels, a banner, and Kristen made some really cute little bottles with burlap and lace that we put lavender in for centerpieces. We had little mason jars for glasses and lots of yummy and thoroughly delicious breakfast food! We had waffles, fruit, quiche, chicken salad sandwiches as well as a mimosa and juice bar! We had the party primarily in the back yard at tables before it got too hot that we went inside.
We played lots of fun games like bridal Bingo with what types of gifts I was going to get, a how well do you know the bride game, and wedding mad libs! Robyn showed up with tin foil and we all made tinfoil hats as part of her GISHWES event. Mine was bridal themed of course. So that was an unexpected yet fun activity! 

It eventually got too hot so we moved inside to open gifts. (I would show you what I got but....;-) Debbie Courtain had come in for the weekend unexpectedly so she was a fun addition to the group! She lives in Pennsylvania now so she probably won’t be able to come out for the wedding. So as such I of course had to put on my dress so she could see it! So I showed everyone there and that was fun!


We opened gifts and had pink cupcakes and talked until it was time for everyone to hit the road. It was really fun to see a lot of people that I know all together at the same time and it reminded me of how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life. It also made me feel good to know that all these people support me and will be there to stand by and support me as I transition into married life.

I am also really thankful to have such wonderful friends to plan this whole party for me! I didn’t do much of anything for it besides show up and help a little bit the night before. Kristen and Cassidy planned and invited and ironed out all the details on their own! It was a nice change from the planning of the wedding and having to figure that stuff out. Having them take charge and put on the party let me relax and just enjoy it as it happened. It was such a fun and wonderful day and even more meaningful because it was planned by some really great people!

In attendance (in no particular order): Shelby Hart, Cassidy Jones, Sam Horton, Kristen Perry, Megan Helwig, Baby Boy Helwig, Melissa Fedornak, Robyn Helwig, Kathi Helwig, Victoria Harkins, Chelsea Thornton, Bethany Barnett, Sara Villagomez (now Hughson!), Debbie Courtain, Tiersa Helwig

Phew one blog post down. Now if only I could get on those thank you cards...

No comments:

Post a Comment