Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Hangers


So the other day I was sitting around and decided to get crafty. One thing that I remember being a little confusing at Megan and Spencer's wedding was whose dress was whose. They were all the same so we had to check all the tags. Which like... big deal? No. But I decided that I wanted to do something kind of fun! ... Also it didn't occur to me until half way through that they are all going to have different dresses anyways... Whoops.


I had seen on Pinterest the night before these cool hangers that you could buy for like 25 bucks each. So I said hey I bet I could make those and I even have some wire upstairs from when I made Savannas flower crown! Which turned out pretty great I think and is cool becuse she can kee it and it won't die on her.


So I decided to get some pliers from the garage and give it a shot! They took about 30-45 minutes each to bend the wire. The longer the name obviously the longer it took. I used the decorative silver wire that I bought at Michaels. I got Cassidy and Robyns done before I ran out of wire an needed to go get some more. So I went to the hardware store which was a dud because they only had serious wire and it was very not bendy. But while I was there i went and bought the wooden hangers from Bi-Mart.

I went to Michaels and bought more wire and then came back and finished them up. The next day I spray painted them and took off the bottom support stick so I could drill the holes for the wire. I finished them up with some hot glue and then that was that!



I thin that they turned out to be pretty cool. My biggest problem was trying to do a cursive S on Savannas which you can see I ended up giving up on. I also ended up redoing Cassidy and Robyn because Cassidy's ended up with tons more wire than it needed. But all in all it wasn't too hard. I also thought about doing Mrs. Hughson for mine but eventually decided that it would have been too long and hard to fit in the span of the hanger. I might try it with making Hughson and then making a separate Mrs. that goes vertical. But I haven't committed to the idea yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment