Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Bridesmaids Dress Shopping

So a few weeks ago when all of my bridesmaids were back in town, we went shopping for their dresses! After doing some research online into the color of dresses that we wanted, I discovered that Bridal Exclusives carries the brand that we were looking for! So that was exciting so we decided to go there and see what we could find.

I had been debating about having all the girls wear the same dress or having them wear all different ones. What ended up being the deciding factor that pushed me to one side was that we had learned just a few days before that Megan is pregnant! And due on January 19th! So she is going to be pretty pregnant at the wedding. So that was the factor that pushed me to the idea of everyone having different dresses so that we could find something that she would be comfortable in when she isn't probably going to feel super comfortable anyways.

Megan sat back down because she was feeling nauseous
 So we all got there and I had been told that my dress might be there so I asked and found out that it hadn't shipped yet which was sad. But that we could put my pieces together again to show everyone since my girls hadn't been there when I picked it out.

So we just started going through the rack of the designer that we knew carried the correct color. The consultant brought out the swatch books for the other designers they carried but we eventually decided against them and kept to the ones we came there for. The girls each grabbed a few that they wanted to try on. Of course none of them were in the right color but we could kind of get the idea.


They each had about 3 or 4 and they went into two rooms and would come out and show them to me. And then if they liked them we would trade and swap so people could try on a few different ones to get a different taste. It was an interesting experience being on the other side of the try on process. My main goal and what I really wanted to be sure of was that each of them had a dress that they would want to wear and something that they could look forward to wearing. They are beautiful girls already so I wasn't very worried about me liking it so much as them liking it. But I ended up liking all of them and especially more because they fit each of their personalities so well. We ended up deciding on all different ones for each of them which I thought was great!

I had a lot of fun going shopping with the girls because it was really cool to see them get excited about the wedding. They all seemed really happy with their dresses and I think having them all different is something really cool. I especially like it because they all look like a style they would have picked out themselves and they really show off their individual personalities.

  Kristen                               Robyn                               Cassidy

We put down out order but didn't place it because we were waiting for Megan to have her first ultrasound before we committed. Now we are sort of wondering what we should do about Megan's dress because we found out that the brand makes a maternity dress so we are looking into that as an option rather than buying a dress really big and needing to get the top taken in. So we are looking into that option and hopefully will be able to put in our order soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment