Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Florist


So a few months ago when we first got started with wedding planning, Dad sent me an email with the contact info for someone that he knows at work that does flowers on the side. She is a project Manager for Legacy and enjoys doing flowers as a hobby. So two weeks ago I decided to connect with her to talk about doing flowers for the wedding. I was a little bit nervous because I don't really know very much about flowers and don't really feel like people will be expecting a ton of flowers anyways for the wedding with it being in December.

Thad, Mom, and I went into Portland to meet her at a Starbucks. It was a little weird because we didn't know what she looked like and the Starbucks was a little crowded, but we texted her where we were and a few minutes later she showed up. She was very nice and if anything a little bit shy. What I really like about her was that she was really not pushy at all about anything which was super nice. She didn't make me feel stupid about anything and was really great about explaining things.

We decided on doing mostly roses and lilys with babys breath. To add in our blue color she suggested that we use tinted dendeidnaosnoasnas. Which I never really got what that was because she said it so fast everytime and it sounded so scientific, but its the blue and purple orchids! (I later looked it up and its tinted dendrobiums.) We decided that we only really waned to do flowers for people. This being corsages, or bouquets or boutonnieres. So I think that was an easy way to cut down on costs for flowers in winter.
 We got our estimate back and it seemed really reasonable! I was surprised! It actually seemed like boutonnieres were cheaper than I had ever seen them. I wonder if it is because she isn't trying to make a living out of it that it is cheaper or because she is buying a lot of the same flowers, but I am really happy with what we decided on and it's one more thing to cross off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment